Work and Student Visas/Visa for highly skilled migrants
- Tourist Visa
- Private / Guest Visa
- Business and Humanitarian Visa
- Work and Student Visas/Visa for highly skilled migrants
- Transit Visa
- Cruise passengers
- Visa Transfer
- European Union, Denmark, Norway, Iceland and Switzerland Passport Holders
- Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Libya, Lebanon, Yemen, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Stateless (refugees) passport holders
- E-visa characteristics of and conditions for issuing an e-visa
- E-visas for Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad region
- E-visas to visit the free port of Vladivostok
- Visa Processing Fees
- FIFA World Cup 2018
- Currency import and export regulations
- Application available online at http://visa.kdmid.ru. All questions in the application form should be answered. If a question is not applicable to the applicant, he should put "N/A". Each application form must be signed by the visa applicant personally. Incomplete visa application forms shall not be processed. HANDWRITTEN APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED!!!
- Valid national passport (original only and it should have at least two clear visa pages). Please be aware that passport has to be valid for not less than one year and a half before the expiration date.;
- Visa Support document which is the invitation from your Russian host issued by the Russian Federal Migration Service or its local office (ONLY ORIGINAL of the document is accepted);
- Original HIV blood test (AIDS) Certificate. This certificate is valid for 3 month only (HIV blood test should be taken not earlier than 3 months before applying for a visa);
- Copies of the main page of the passport and the residence visa.
A foreign citizen can apply to a Russian Consulate with the intention to work as a highly skilled specialist.
The application form is filled in the Russian language either legibly handwritten or printed. The information about the applicant will then be placed on the website of the Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation (www.fms.gov.ru/useful/patent/index_eng.php).
- passport data in Russian and in Latin letters (as in passport);
- information confirming the experience of the foreign citizen, his/her skills or achievements in a specific field;
- application should contain information on recommendations if any, confirming expert knowledge and qualification;
- consent to include the information provided by the applicant in the data base within the state system of recording migration as well as consent to forward these personal details to employers and sponsors on the territory of the Russian Federation that has to be confirmed by signature.
All names should be written in full, without abbreviations and corrections.
There is no charge collected for the application.
A business visa for the foreign citizen is then granted on the basis of an invitation to enter the Russian Federation to hold relevant talks, provided for the foreign citizen by an employer or a sponsor.
a) the job vacancy that the highly skilled migrant is invited to fill as well as conditions of labour and social support;
b) on the person invited:
- first name, family name in Russian and Latin letters as in passport, as well as the date of birth, sex, citizenship, passport number.
c) on the inviting side:
- full name of the legal entity being the employer or contractor;
- legal or actual address of the legal entity;
- taxpayer number and Tax Registration Reason Code;
- primary state registration number (PSRN).
For branches (representative offices) of foreign companies in the Russian Federation, information about their registration in the country of incorporation should be provided.
d) expected date of entry into the Russian Federation and itinerary of travel.
The proposition has to be signed by the director or his deputy and certified by the seal of the legal entity.
The migrant should present a bank statement in no longer than one month which has a current balance of a minimum of 6000 Euros.
Upon arrival in Russia and signing of contract, the highly skilled migrant is issued a new multiple entry work visa.
Visas for members of the family of a highly skilled migrant are issued in accordance with the existing procedure based on the original visa support letter issued by a Federal Migration Service branch.